Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hourly Shut Offs?

• Please log in to reply

AdjacentAcorn

AdjacentAcorn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey, new to the forums and was wondering if anyone could help me out on this one...

I got this computer september of last year...about a month or so after it started these hourly shut offs, but they would only go on for a day..this past week it's been doing it at all times every hour. I really don't know what could be wrong, I'm not sure how to check my fan and temp settings but the computer feels pretty cool in the air exhaust so I don't think it's that... but the reason I would point to that is about 8 seconds before shutting off the fans run at what sounds like their maximum speed and the computer immediately cuts off after, only to restart itself and do the same thing in about an hour.

any suggestions would be great...happy to provide more info if needed..

Advertisements

charge06

charge06

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
install rivatuner and use that to monitor ur temps. And also open the side of ur case and makes sure all the fans are running fine, and make sure its not real dusty if it is clean it out with compressed air

Edited by charge06, 27 July 2008 - 08:52 AM.