Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Flashplayer 9 won't install

• Please log in to reply

bzmama

bzmama

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Cannot get Flashplayer 9 to install. When I go to the link and download it, I get the message that says it installed successfully. However, when I click on a link that requires it, it keeps telling me Flashplayer is required. When I look at Control panel for it, it is not listed either. My XP Professional profile says I have full rights--I've never not been able to install any software before. Checked Internet Security options and it says to prompt for ActiveX downloads, so I don't know what else to do here. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Marjorie

Advertisements

TechSabre

TechSabre

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
Hello :)

Are you using Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer?

If your using Mozilla Firefox, do you have any add-ons that control scripts (NoScript for example)?

Also, do you have a firewall? If you do, I suggest turning it off and then trying again :)

Warning: By disabling your firewall, your making your computer vulnerable to attack.