Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

vundo virus/trojan [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

sage5

sage5

RIP 10/2009

• Retired Staff
  • 2,646 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Advertisements

sage5

sage5

RIP 10/2009

• Retired Staff
  • 2,646 posts
I will leave this thread open, in case you have any further problems after reinstalling windows.
A simple re installation of Windows will not necessarily remove all the bad files.

If however you are formatting & reinstalling, please PM me so I can close the thread.

beckee

beckee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
reinstalled windows and same thing is happening :) cant get it to strt up, any ideas? :)

sage5

sage5

RIP 10/2009

• Retired Staff
  • 2,646 posts
Did you go through the process described here? http://www.techspot....504190-367.html
If not you will need to do so, but hold off & do the following first:

Try booting up your machine with the XP CD in the drive, and booting off of that CD.
Type R to go to the recovery console.
When prompted, type the Administrator password. (most likely blank, so just hit the Enter key)
When you get to the recovery console follow these instructions.

* Type cd\ then Enter
* Then cd system~1\_resto~1 then Enter
* Type dir then Enter.

When you hit enter it will list all the restore points folders like rp1, rp2 …….. If the restore points have more than one page then u have to keep on hitting the <Enter> key to view the last restore point folder.

Please reply to tell me if there are any restore point folders.
I have a nasty suspicion that the re installation of Windows may have wiped them out

sage5

sage5

RIP 10/2009

• Retired Staff
  • 2,646 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.