Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

More RAM

• Please log in to reply

BlazeHeatnix

BlazeHeatnix

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hello.
My computer was handed down to me by my brother a while back, and I was disappointed to find that it only has 256 ram in it. Everest Home Edition tells me that it is RD Ram. What I want to do is get at least 768mb RAM-1GB into this computer, but I'm not really willing to spend more than $80. I hope these pictures help with any information you guys need to help me? If there isn't anything included in those pictures that you need to know, ask.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
RDRAM is virtually impossible to get these days, though it is still being made and chugging along in the business and legacy hardware sectors. Where you can get it it costs an arm and a leg especially when you consider that it has to be installed in pairs.

Not many people were licensed to make RDRAM, and those who did didn't make enough of the stuff to satisfy the demand, hence why the price shot up and later turned out to be the result of price fixing.

BlazeHeatnix

BlazeHeatnix

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
So I'd probably just be better off getting a new computer?
I looked on newegg and I didn't find any RD Ram.

Edit: I just google searched RD ram and I found some sellers, but a stick of just 512 is about $200. Forget that...
Anyway, thanks for the info about the ram.

Edited by BlazeHeatnix, 27 July 2008 - 05:07 PM.