Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor 'grey' lines

• Please log in to reply

Relemar

Relemar

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I'm gonna explain this the best I can so here goes,

Basically my monitor flashes grey (and a few reds, whites and other colors) every 4 seconds or so. The flash is up for millseconds. The monitors 1 year old and it's a iiyama Prolite E1900S (good piece of kit tbh)

What I've done:

Changed monitor cable - Nothing wrong with that.

System restores - didnt work
Cleaned inside PC
Rebooted PC several times
Changed resolutions
Sweated buckets
Sweared alot

Can someone please help me?

Advertisements

Relemar

Relemar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Bump! *cry*

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
When you bump you question many of the techs here think you have someone who is answering you. It is not wise to do so.

On your question, you have not stated any spec's on your computer. So your best bet is just to replace the whole Computer.

JUST KIDDING, but you can see why people really don't want to answer this kind of question.

Your problem is either a monitor thats going bad, or a video card going bad. It could possibly be the drivers but it is not likely. Try borrowing a monitor from anywhere you can and run if for a day to see if the same problem starts happening. If not it's the monitor.

If you have on-board video a Video card may cure the problem. Even if you have a video card in the computer trying another video card may let you see if the old card is the problem. Make sure you remove old video drivers if you start switching video cards around. You May complicate things by not doing so.

SRX660

Relemar

Relemar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Haha thanks mate, you have a sense of humour I like it. Well, Ill be doing that later. Thank you very much. I've been screaming on IRC for the past 2 hours :)