Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Upgrading has made my problem worse.....

• Please log in to reply

jacktro

jacktro

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
A few months back i started having crashes on the 2 games i play(Pacific Assault+PKR 3D Poker).
I thought that my old graphics card was the problem(radeon 9200) and as i had never upgraded my P.C. i felt i must be time.
I upgraded from a 250w PSU to a 630w and also put in a Sapphire 1650 pro 516mb but my problems are far worse now than before.I installed a fresh windows after the upgrade and now im at a complete dead end :)

Pacific Assault crashes right after i hit the start game button with either going right back to the desktop or to a BSOD saying ATIVVAXX.DLL and "dumping physical memory to disk:101"..i have it set at 800X600 medium settings.

PKR crashes to a PKR crash report screen or a BSOD "ATI3DVAG.DLL or to the desktop,i have it set on all low settings.

Also for no reason internet explorer seems to crash to a "send a report screen" quite alot.

Ive no idea what to do about this.....changed the graphics card,installed a new windows(sp2) :)

im at the end of the road with the pc....if anyone has any ideas about what else could cause these crashes it would help alot,im not sure if the bios could cause the problem but i dont know were to look now

thx jack

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Click this for a guide to using Memtest

Click this to download Memtest

Run it overnight. Any errors indicate a faulty module or modules.

I suggest this because you seem to have a few different errors, this can be caused by faulty RAM.

Troy