Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cod4 patch problem.

• Please log in to reply

Rechkalov7

Rechkalov7

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
Hi,

i recently installed the 1.6 and the 1.7 patches after playing for a long time with no problems with v1.5. Since i installed the v1.6 and 1.7 i encounter fps and stability problems with this game such a very low fps and very intense lags during online play. I would like to know what to do with it and if there are problems known so far with the new patche's.

Thanks.

Advertisements

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
I dont think there are any known problems with the latest patches... Where did you download the patches from?

SpuD

Rechkalov7

Rechkalov7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
Hi,

gamershell. The thing is, there was no lag problem at all before the installation of 1.6 and 1.7 i had a normal fps and no lag.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you just may need to a complete uninstall and reinstall to resolve the issues.

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
Yes try a complete reinstall, i think some mods (if you have any) might cause this

Ccraig38

Ccraig38

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Rechkalov7,

yea. im getting the exact same problem. i have a 8800gts and i usually get around 90 fps. but ever since i have got the new patch, i just get random lag spikes and fps drops to around 20-30. its never happened until these new patches came out. i tried reinstalling both the video card drive and the patch in safe mode, and it still happens. so now im not sure what to do except just deal with it. so, if anyone has any suggestions.... please feel free. thanks.

calvin