Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cant find drivers for Multimedia Audio Controller

• Please log in to reply

Danny-K

Danny-K

• Pip
  • 5 posts
not sure where i get the driver from,
i also believe this is why i keep getting a blue warning bios memory dumping shutdown screen
error code 0x000000008E

this driver is needed to use my Nokia N95 8Gb which is at the upmost importance that i have installed for business.

here is some of my computers information from Belarc Advisor
Board: SiS-741
Serial Number: UY7244005002
Bus Clock: 166 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 12/08/2004

My system is running on XP

please help, complete novice when comes to computer repairs.

Danny

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
SIS 741 is a video chipset. You might try here to see if you can find the right drivers for your motherboard.

http://www.sis.com/d...t.php?id=155808

The 08e error usually has to do with video drivers.

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

If you are running a SIS video card i think it would be wise to switch to a Nvidia or ATI video card. I have seen quite a few computers with bad SIS video cards in them.

What is the reason you need a audio driver for a Nokia smart phone? Maybe because i don't have one, but i am not getting this question.Are you wanting to put MP3's on your phone? Are you looking for a data cable for the phone?

http://www.buy-mphon...okia-dku-2.html

Nokia has software for connecting to a computer.

http://www.nseries.c...,nseriespcsuite

SRX660

Danny-K

Danny-K

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
right im downloading the graphics driver from the website as thats the only one availiable.
im not sure if thats what you specifically telling me i should do?
unfortunatley it just tells me that it "cannot detect the device" i'm guessing maybe ive downloaded something wrong.
im completely baffled.

the nokia connects fine to my system and things go on there fine too, such as images, music etc.

but generally before i had the phone i was having problems with this blue screen.
it comes up often.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Please look in your event viewer and post any red flagged error messages from there.

SRX660

Danny-K

Danny-K

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
wheres event viewer?

cmpm

cmpm

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
start-control panel

Attached Thumbnails

• a.png
  • b.png
  • c.png

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I have been looking around and i think you have a ECS 741 GX-M motherboard with the SIS video chipset and realtek 3.98 sound codec's. Please go to this website and see if you can download the manual first. Read the manual to see if it matches you m.otherboard. If it does martch you can download the realtek sound drivers if that is what you need. Do NOT attempt to download and install any BIOS drivers. You do not need the bios drivers so far.

http://www.ecs.com.t...s...D=6&LanID=0

Do the above only if you are having problems with your sound.

How to View Event Logs in Windows XP

To open Event Viewer, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Performance and Maintenance, then click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management. Or, open the MMC containing the Event Viewer snap-in.
2. In the console tree, click Event Viewer.

The Application, Security, and System logs are displayed in the Event Viewer window.

How to View Event Details
To view the details of an event, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Performance and Maintenance, then click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management. Or, open the MMC containing the Event Viewer snap-in.
2. In the console tree, expand Event Viewer, and then click the log that contains the event that you want to view.
3. In the details pane, double-click the event that you want to view.

The Event Properties dialog box containing header information and a description of the event is displayed.

You can copy and paste the event viewer problem areas by having this thread open and the event viewer open. Highlight the text in the eventviewer box, and click the ctrl and c keys on the keyboard. This copy's the text to the clipboard in the computer. Then open up this thread and start a new message, click inside the message box and click on the ctrl and v keys on the keyboard. This will copy the text to the message. Copy the error messages so we can look at them. There is no need to repeat copying the same meessage . You can just say there are many of the same one. Perhaps you just need the mainboard drivers to fix your problem. we will see.

SRX660

Danny-K

Danny-K

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
there hasnt been any problems with my sound at all.

but there are lots of error's in here.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: ipnathlp
Event Category: None
Event ID: 30013
Date: 29/07/2008
Time: 21:14:53
User: N/A
Computer: DANNY-KS
Description:
The DHCP allocator has disabled itself on IP address 82.30.20.208, since the IP address is outside the 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 scope from which addresses are being allocated to DHCP clients. To enable the DHCP allocator on this IP address, please change the scope to include the IP address, or change the IP address to fall within the scope.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

the above happens a few times.

Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7023
Time: 21:12:59
Description:
The IPSEC Services service terminated with the following error:
The attempted operation is not supported for the type of object referenced.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7023
Time: 21:12:59
Description:
The HID Input Service service terminated with the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

these are the main 3 which re-occur throughout the log.

the main problem with the computer is that of its re-occuring automatic shutdowns with the blue screen :/

Danny-K

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
HidServ - Enables generic input access to Human Interface Devices (HID), which activates and maintains the use of predefined hot buttons on keyboards, remote controls, and other multimedia devices. If this service is stopped, hot buttons controlled by this service will no longer function. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.

Think Keyboard and mouse for the above. Check in your Services to see if it is enabled, if it is not , Enable it.

Viewing services on Windows XP

To view services in the control panel:

* Select Start|Control Panel
* double-click 'Performance and Maintenance'
* double-click 'Administrative Tools'
* double-click 'Services'.
Microsoft Service Description Manages IP security policy and starts the ISAKMP/Oakley (IKE) and the IP security driver.
Dependencies Remote Procedure Call (RPC) IPSEC Driver
Dependencies TCP/IP Protocol Driver
Real World Description Primarily a host authentication device used with data transfer and encryption operations on a domain.
Is this service needed? Possibly

Recommended Setting: Manual

IPNATHLP Error Message in Event Viewer

This probably results because you have not defined any DNS servers in the properties of Tcp/Ip on your network interface(s), but you have enabled ICS (internet connection sharing).
You might try setting ICS to manual in the services and see if the errors go away.

SRX660

Danny-K

Danny-K

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i wasnt able to start the HID input Service "could not find file location"

ive done everything else.

ill see if i get any errors.
i installed Service pack 3 this morning that might help :]