Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

slow and problematic loading of webpages

• Please log in to reply

biren

biren

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
recently i am facing lots of problems in browsing the net.

i have a cable connection (LAN) from a local ISP with a speed of 256kbps. (the actual download speeds i usually get are about 21-25kbps).

yet, i face problems with pageloading - the pages load slow and with errors.

for eg. i was trying to open facebook today... but it never loaded properly, and completely - eventhough i waited for very long.
i have attached the screenshot of the page. there was something funny on the page:
look on the top left corner (out of the 4 small graphics u see there, the bottom 2 were moving, as it is when a page is loading)
and the bottom left corner (u will see boxes).

as an example of another commonly faced problem, i am attaching a screenshot of the error in loading this forums page.

i can attach the screenshot of task manager to show processes running at that time, and the system performance graph - if that will help you help me better about what is wrong with me or my comp.

Advertisements

vorybory

vorybory

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
Welcome to Geeks to go :)

Cable connections are supposed to be faster than 256KB/s. Who is your ISP?

How long has this slowness been going on for?