Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My pictures folder problems

• Please log in to reply

coys1000

coys1000

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I had a problem with a virus on my laptop,which i seem to have succesfully removed.after removing the virus i had a problem watching video clips,and was prompted to change activex settings,which i did and then i could view clips.however now all my pictures in my pictures folder have gone blank,and when i download a new picture it downloads but i just get a blank picture.everything else is working fine.i have a feeling it may be something to do with changing activex setttings,but i could be wrong.i am a photographer so this is very inconvenient,if anyone can suggest a solution would be great. :)

Advertisements

coys1000

coys1000

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
anybody,getting a bit desperate :)

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Is the My Pictures folder completely empty or is there a photo there and when you click on properties, it shows that it's blank? If you still have the icon for the photo, right-click on it and tell me what the properties are.....what photo program are you using to open the photos?

coys1000

coys1000

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Is the My Pictures folder completely empty or is there a photo there and when you click on properties, it shows that it's blank? If you still have the icon for the photo, right-click on it and tell me what the properties are.....what photo program are you using to open the photos?

when i open the folder instaed of a thumbnail of the photo,i just have one of those standard sunset thumbnails for every photo.and if i try to open it nothing happens.strangely the video clip thumbs are there and they play fine when i open them.

the properties are

type of file-jpeg image

opens with-windows picture and f

and the just location,size and date.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
So, there is a size there? It's not zero? What photo viewer program are you using to open it? Do you use photoshop, etc?

coys1000

coys1000

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
What photo viewer program are you using to open it? to be honest i'm not sure,i really think the problem comes from something i changed in my activex settings,would this be possible or am i thinking on the wrong lines.