Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CS3 master collection installs but doesnt open

• Please log in to reply

digikiwi

digikiwi

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Hi all,

I have a legit copy of Adobe CS3 master collection. It installs fine, but whenever I start up, say, Photoshop it gets to "initializing pallettes" and then just disappears. I have tried the Adobe CS3 clean up tool at level 4, used Ccleaner to tidy up the registry, reboot and reinstall but the problem persists. I note that there is still a lot of adobe references in the registry after the clean up, but doubt that removing all references to Adobe type products in the registry would be all that fruitful or might even be damaging.

Any ideas from the supergeeks? I have googled this for days but got nowhere.

Running XP SP3 on Asus P5Q-PRO with GeForce8600 GT vid card 2Gb Kingston RAM

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
sorry for the slow response. If your still having an issue, please take a look here: http://kb.adobe.com/...rnalId=kb402311

digikiwi

digikiwi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Hi Starjax,

Likewise apologies for the delay, you are quite right, I was having issues with fonts and a few other problems with the xp OS. I have cut my losses, installed a new partition with a fully functional copy of XP on it and am rebuilding. Now Adobe works like a charm.

Thanks for your help, it gave me the prompt to stop flogging a multiply wounded (if not dead) horse.

Digikiwi