Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help me Spec a monitor

• Please log in to reply

crudler

crudler

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hi,

Can anyone pls give some input in this decision

I am looking for an LCD monitor, probably 19-22"
My primary uses are
1. Watching movies (60%) - I watch from bed
2. Programming (40%)

I am guessing wide is the way to go (for watching movies).
If 19" then wide will probably be a bad idea (too few visible lines of code), so I am thinking 22" wide is the best of both worlds.
I don't really game.
My gfx card supports DVI so I would probably want to make use of that.

Looking in mid range, nothing too cheapy that I lose quality, but nothing too expensive that I will be eating toast for the next month.

(maybe the Samsung 2232GW??)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
i just recently got an HP W2007 20" HD LCD widescreen from walmart....for the price (< $300) i REALLY like it....i may be biased since the monitor i had beforehand was absolute junk (9 year old dell CRT monitor with a junked up color profile)...some of the reviews claim that it's not great for movies....but...we watch our netflix "watch instantly" movies on it all the time and i haven't noticed anything wrong with it...i almost prefer it over our older 27" CRT TV (again some funky color profiles there)....there's also a 22" version (w2207)

charge06

charge06

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
this si the one i got its a samsung 22" widescreen, just under $300

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16824001268