Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio problem

• Please log in to reply

tactic

tactic

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone,
i formatted my comp three days ago. since then, every time i opened my computer, i had this problem:
-no audio at all: when i open a mp3 file with windows media player for example, this is the error:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly."

and when i double click the Volume icon in the taskbar, i get this:
"There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add Hardware."

So what i do is install the driver from gigabyte disk, or do the "add hardware" thing, and it's fixed: only until the next restart.

what might be the problem?

thanks in advance! :)

Advertisements

bito

bito

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
i have the same problem did you fix it?