You don't seem to have a firewall program installed. Using a firewall will allow you to allow/deny access for applications that want to go online. Select one of these, or another of your choice:
No AntiVirus Onboard
I see no evidence of an AntiVirus program on your system. This must be resolved. Here are a few very good free Antivirus products which are available:
- Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 7.
- Scroll down to where it says "The J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE) allows end-users to run Java applications".
- Click the "Download" button to the right.
- Select your Platform and check the box that says: "I agree to the Java SE Runtime Environment 6 License Agreement.".
- Click on Continue.
- Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation (jre-6u7-windows-i586-p.exe) and save it to your desktop. Do NOT use the Sun Download Manager..
- Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
- Go to Start > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
- Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
- Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
- Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java version.
- Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
- Then from your desktop double-click on the download to install the newest version.
1. Please open Notepad
- Click Start , then Run
- Type notepad .exe in the Run Box.
2. Now copy/paste the entire content of the codebox below into the Notepad window:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Viewpoint
3. Save the above as CFScript.txt
4. Then drag the CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe as depicted in the animation below. This will start ComboFix again.
5. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), please post the following reports/logs into your next reply:
- A new DSS log.
Please do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner
Click on Kaspersky Online Scanner
You will be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.
- The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
- Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
- Now click on Scan Settings
- In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
- Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
- Scan Options:
Scan Mail Bases
- Click OK
- Now under select a target to scan:Select My Computer
- This will program will start and scan your system.
- The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
- Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
- Now click on the Save as Text button:
- Save the file to your desktop.
- Copy and paste that information in your next post.