Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble removing game from add/remove programs

• Please log in to reply

Lizard_man

Lizard_man

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
right hey again geekstogo, this aint a big problem i dont think but it's just annoyin, basically i had pirates of the carribean installed, i tried removing the game from add/remove programs, the uninstallation came up and finished but did'nt uninstall the game, same with the game setup, so i just deleted everything i could find to do with the game, but it still shows up in add/remove programs, there is also a program called slide witch i also had problems uninstalling so i deleted the files aswell, this also shows up in add/remove programs, as i said i dont think this is a big problem, just annoys me and i would like to get rid of them if there is anyway to do so, cheers, any help is appreciated.

Advertisements

-=blaster=-

-=blaster=-

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
This is a typical problem with some programs. Our friends at Microsoft have a procedure for removing entries from the Add/Remove Programs list. I assume you have XP.

This procedure messes with the registry so understand how to make a backup and restore it before attempting this procedure.

How to remove invalid entries from Add/Remove Programs list.

Good Luck.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
You could also try the MSI cleanup utility. I have instructions listed here. I used Itunes as an example, but just replaced that with the program you want to remove.

Lizard_man

Lizard_man

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
alright thanks for your time blaster and starjax, first i downloaded the MSI cleanup utility, but the programs i was wanting to remove did'nt show up, secondly i used the Regedit.exe option, i managed to remove pirates of the carribean from the add/remove programs, but unfortunatly i was unable to find slide, but thanks again, this will come in handy for future problems, thanks alot, Dean.