Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Access 2002: Sum by Date

• Please log in to reply

schlake21

schlake21

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm working with a form that I've developed for tracking time. In the form footer, I want to automatically display a running total of the time logged for today.
Column Name from the source table holding the data I want to sum: TimeSpent

I currently have a Text Box in the Form Footer with Control Source: =nz(Sum([TimeSpent])*24)

My time is calculating perfectly as I have it, but it is summing all data from TimeSpent; I want to limit what it is pulling to all records with Today's date.

My problem is that I'm learning as I go and don't have a background in SQL, so I don't know how to write the equation. Another option would be to query TimeSpent by today [Date()], but again, with the Source Table being the master table, I don't know how to call the Query and field to display in my Text Box.

Thanks for your help!

Gabe

Advertisements