Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Transferring Text over Network

• Please log in to reply

Liriks

Liriks

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello. I help my wife with internet searches on my computer. They are networked. But I don't know much about networking. I would like to know if there is a way that I can transfer a URL over to her computer so that she can quickly copy and paste it to her browser.

Thank you,
Liriks

Windows XP Pro, v2002 SP2

Advertisements

Kazzoo

Kazzoo

Visiting Consultant

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Greetings Liriks,

Why not use your instant messenger like yahoo and send her a message? Then she can click on any url you send and imediately launch her browser. Or perhaps google up LAN messengers and see if one will meet your needs.

Then again you can yell down the hallway what url you want your spouse to type in her browser.

Regards

Kaz.

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
I was thinking the same thing. you should just install aol instant messenger or yahoo messenger on both computers and when she has a question or needs you to find a website for her she can just IM you via aol messenger and you can find whatever she needs and just copy and paste it in the messenger window and send it back to her. Or as Kazzoo said just yell down to her lol. hope this helps.

good luck