Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HEL HELP HELP! Antivirus XP 2008 REMOVAL [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

psychepiper

psychepiper

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hello everyone!

Last time I came to you all you were wonderful at helping me, so i'm here again.

I was on the internet looking at websites on certain types of female cancers [cause a friend of mine was just diagnosed with cervical cancer] and a pop-up appeared and I clicked the x in the upper right hand corner. Immediately a program appeared on my desktop saying that it was scanning for viruses and that I may have some on my computer. Common sense told me not to touch it, cause it was no program that I installed, in fact, it installed itself as I watched in fear.

It's called Antivirus XP 2008 and I can't get rid of it! I've tried "removing" the program via the control panel add/remove. I'm in the middle of running ad-aware, too, but it's taking forever.

From what I gather from the interweb it says that this is a malware and that it's highly dangerous. I dont' know how it got on here when I was just looking at medical websites. It's gotten rid of my desktop and keeps popping up at me every minute on the minute.

Any help would be appreciated!

~Psychepiper

Advertisements

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Hello psychepiper, my name is fenzodahl512 and welcome to Geekstogo..

Please have a read at this topic and do all the preliminary steps given.

If you are using Windows Vista, or if you are using XP and already have Service Pack 1a or later, please ignore Step Three: Windows Updates and continue with Step Four: Reboot - Test

It should handle about 70% of your malware problem.. Should the problem still exist, please post a fresh HijackThis log here as shown in the Step Five: Posting a Hijack This Log.. Thank you :)

Regards
fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.