Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vaio won't turn on!

• Please log in to reply

The Ken

The Ken

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys, I have a Sony Vaio VGN-N130G/B. Last week i was using it one night just fine, i shut it down just fine and went to bed, the next morning i tried turning it on and it did nothing. No lights turn on at all its just dead. I took it to a computer tech and he told me that its most likely the motherboard. Thing is i have been searching around online and i have seen ppl with sort of the same problem. I was wondering if you guys might know if it really is the motherboard or maybe something else. Please i need help!

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello,
Do not get your hopes up.
Unplug the computer, take the battery out, wait for a few minutes.
Look for a reset button on the bottom.
Plug everything back in and hope.

The Ken

The Ken

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I hope lol, I'll try when i get it back from my comp tech. Any other suggestions?

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
try running it with just the power cord plugged in ( ie no battery ) and then the other way around....