Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Dual boot HDD is not getting detected after only one week use

• Please log in to reply

georgetok

georgetok

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I just bought the 500 GB Seagate SATA HDD for my Dell Optiplex GX 620 system.

I installed XP PRO in C: & Vista in the adjacent partition making it a dual boot system.

I used it for a week with no problems.

Then I installed a program called OSL 20000 Boot Manager.suggested by a friend to make it possible to install more than two OS. I also installed another program called Driver Magician also suggested by him although I had already installed the proper drivers but thought it might be useful in future.

After installing those two programs I booted the computer 2-3 times & it seemed to work fine.

But next morning when I started the system it will not detect the Hard Disk at all.
If I connect the second Hard Disk, then that hard disk also doesn’t get detected. So this new hard disk makes all other working Hard Disks ( with XP on them ) also disappear.

I tried normal checks like cable & power cord & drive does spin & tried to repaire thru Vista DVD but it says there is no hard drive.

I need professional help because I have lots of data on it ( most I have backed up ) but returning for a replacement would leave all my data on it including personal data.

Can you guys help ?

Thank You.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
You could try something like getdataback from runtimesystems to see if it can detect/recover anything if that won't see it your only hope MAY be to send it to a professional data recovery place which can be expensive.