Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Good 3D PC Games

• Please log in to reply

interpolarity

interpolarity

• PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
It's a strange request, I know... but I want a list of good 3D PC games that are preferably rated E or T (and if they are T, I don't want excessive blood and violence)
I am totally turned off by video game violence, but I love video games. For example, I like games like the Myst series and Portal as well as N64 and PS1 emulation.
Is there anything else worth my time?

Advertisements

thunderbird1611

thunderbird1611

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Sim City 4 is a little dated, but excellent if you like strategy/simulation. The Sims and their many, many expanions are great. There's a downloadable game through Steam called Peggle that is extremely addicting. Those are a few that popped into my head. I suddenly realized how few non-violent games I play.... =0p

Also, check these games out on www.gamespot.com before you take my word for it. You could prolly find some games to fit your fancy while you're there as well.

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Here is a list of PC games rated from best to worst. Start at the top, look through them, and maybe do a little googling/wikipedia-ing to see if any of them seem appealing to you.

Note that not all of them are 3D, but neither are some of the best PC games of all time. (Diablo and Starcraft come to mind.)

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Any site that rates Elder Scrolls IV higher than III = fail.

Edit: As well as diablo > diablo II....

Edited by Titan8990, 31 July 2008 - 06:14 AM.

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Any site that rates Elder Scrolls IV higher than III = fail.

Edit: As well as diablo > diablo II....

:)

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
The site itself doesn't review games, it takes the average of dozens of reviews from popular reviewers such as PC Gamer and Gamespot.

Remember that timing is a big part of a game's review score. If Diablo came out today, it would receive very poor reviews. But back when it came out, it was revolutionary. ES IV: Oblivion was also pretty revolutionary in the graphics department.

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

The site itself doesn't review games, it takes the average of dozens of reviews from popular reviewers such as PC Gamer and Gamespot.

Remember that timing is a big part of a game's review score. If Diablo came out today, it would receive very poor reviews. But back when it came out, it was revolutionary. ES IV: Oblivion was also pretty revolutionary in the graphics department.

Even with that in mind, I still wouldn't rate Diablo higher than Diablo 2. But that's just IMO of course.

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
I completely agree that Diablo 2 is a better game. The graphics, however, are only marginally better from those of Diablo and definately not as good as some of the games available at the time (such as Half-Life, which came out 2 years prior). This, along with a huge amount of online problems when it was first released, typically led Diablo 2 to receive lower review scores than its predecessor.

interpolarity

interpolarity

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
no offense, but this isn't helping. Diablo is rated M and so is Elder Scrolls...

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Mount&Blade is a cool 3D game, but it is moderately violent. By violent, I mean there's fighting and blood, but you don't see body parts flying all over the place or anything like that. It hasn't been released to stores yet, and I don't know if it's been rated yet, but if you're interested, check out The M&B Website for more information. As far as game play goes, this is about the most realistic fighting game I've seen (but then again, I'm not much of a gamer)

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts

no offense, but this isn't helping. Diablo is rated M and so is Elder Scrolls...

There were 1800+ games in the list I linked to...

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

I wasn't really suggesting Diablo 2. We were just talking about it. Sorry if I got off topic. :)

interpolarity

interpolarity

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
Well it's okay... I got Sims 2 and that should keep me for a while :)

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Have you looked in to Spore that is coming this fall? I'm sure it will be enjoyable for Sims fans.

interpolarity

interpolarity

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
yeah, i heard about that... sounds interesting...