Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nero Continues to fail

• Please log in to reply

periwinkle

periwinkle

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
So I was burning a DVD and Nero gets about 2/3 of the way through, then decides to fail. I tried to erase the re-writable disk, but the option is grayed out. What gives with Nero? I'm starting to think it's a piece of junk...What are some other options for erasing this DVD?

Advertisements

-=blaster=-

-=blaster=-

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
I would assume a faulty disk before the application. Try another DVD RW.

periwinkle

periwinkle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
Hmm, this has happened before with all the DVD-RWs I have. Nero is NEVER able to erase the DVD. What is the point of buying and using DVD-RWs, if Nero can't erase them. I really don't think it's all my DVDs. They can't all be bad. That's just absurd.

-=blaster=-

-=blaster=-

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
Just checking all the avenues. How about your DVD drive. Does it support the particular disks you are using? And does Nero support them too?

periwinkle

periwinkle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
Nero usually burns the DVD-RWs. The only ones it consistently fails to burn are the DVD-Rs, then they're useless. Sometimes it rejects them before it gets to the burning part, other times it's 99% finished, then it says the burn failed. This is after several hours of "burning".

I don't know what Nero does or doesn't support. I know my DVD writer recognizes the DVDs. I don't believe Nero tells you which DVDs it likes. The manual is very superficial.

I'm still trying to find out why I cannot move the progress slider bar in my movies after I've burned them to DVD disk. I can move the progress bar around just fine in any DVD player on my computer, but after I've burned the DVD to disk, the progress bar does not respond to being moved. The DVD just keeps starting over. So, say if I watch 2 minutes, and touch the slider bar, it goes back to the beginning. There is something patently wrong with this. I don't know why this would happen upon burning. It almost seems like a waste of time. It takes time to set up the burn, with menus and titles, and especially long to burn the movies to disk. If the movie is 1 hour long, it takes Nero 2 1/2 times longer to burn it. It could be because my burner only burns up to 4X. However, when I choose burn speeds, Nero only gives me 2 choices 1x, 2x or "fastest". When I've tried "fastest" I get burn errors. So, I've had to stick with 2x. It doesn't give me the 4x option.

If you could tell me what to do to enable Nero to encode the movie so that the progress slider bar moves after burning, that would be awesome. I asked for help on this in the forum, but no one ever responded, and it's been 3 days.

Trixxx

Trixxx

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Yeah thats one of the reasons I don't use Nero anymore, but also because I was trying to back up some program files to a DVD and it corrupted all the files on the disk and I thought nothing of it until I tried to install them back on my computer and could not because the disk was corrupted so I have been trying various programs!