Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Defender Pro 15 in 1

• Please log in to reply

electlady

electlady

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I installed Defender Pro 15 in 1 2008 on my computer and have had a mountain of problems since. The first thing is after installing. My online banking would not let me view my account beacuse java was not enabled. After seeking help from Pro Defender what ever I was told to do did help for a week. I still can't review my account online. Also on Craigslist I have to confirm ads by typing scripts from a box that never show up for me to type in. I dont have any problems getting emails or pulling websites it just these two problems.

The second problem is that I was reviewing problems and questions on Defender Pro and discover that the 15 in 1 has some issues with the 2008. It list the issues that could be causing the problem. And I was sure that it applied to me so I uninstalled Internet Security only, and download new software from the www.denfender-pro.com/apps/2008_renewal/DPIS6RENEWAL.exe. After downloading it stated that it was sucessfully downloaded. The last step was to activate and type liscense, there is no step for me do this.

I got an error message about a file not opening I think it's been some days now. I can't get a response from Defender Pro it's the worst product I have ever seen. With the problems going on with this product, you would think there would be a toll free number to call. I would not recommend this product to my enemy. I have been thinking about uninstalling and eating the cost of the purchase. I was hoping you might be able to suggest a good product to use. When I used Nortons I didnt have any problems. I really need your help.

Advertisements

bombasos2

bombasos2

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
I think it would definitively be a good idea to unistall that program. You yourself noticed all sorts of issues happen after the the install. I am sure others can suggest programs they liked, you should try a couple of them and find out which one suits you well.Personally I have been using AVG free edition for a long time and have been very satisfied.Bleeping computer and Geeks to go have both compiled a list of free programs, here they are:

Bleeping computer's list
Geeks to go list

As far as programs that you have to pay for:
I have used trial versions of many of them and I would have to say that my favorite was TrendMicro's Internet security.

Good luck with the change!

Edited by bombasos2, 27 August 2008 - 05:59 PM.