Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yahoo Email Verify?

• Please log in to reply

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
Hello Everyone :)

Recently, I got a call from a friend that had some email trouble with Yahoo Mail. It seems that now, when attempting to send Email, It will ask her to Verify the email is legit by making her type a bunch of numbers and letters, which apparently is a new form of spam control.

Here is what it looks like:

The Screenshot

The problem with this is that this individuals account is the only yahoo account that I have seen do this, and the lady that I am assisting is in her 90's and has trouble seeing things sometimes, so with this new CAPTCA system, it would take her longer to send email. Also, I have logged into my yahoo accounts, and I cannot get this screen to come up. Is there a way to somehow disable this action so she won't have to take shots in the dark to determine what the heck the letters are?

Thanks for any help you can provide :)

Brian

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This would appear to be a random security check by Yahoo Mail so you won't see it on every single occasion and you could easily go for months without seeing such a message. It would appear to be based on the amount of mail you send so if you send a lot of mail in one go you're more likely to see this message.

The other alternative, if the account's old enough, is an email client such as Windows Mail, Thunderbird or Outlook Express, though other methods for doing the same thing on a newer account are available. Whether they'll work is another matter.