Google redirect [RESOLVED]
Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:07 PM
Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:21 PM
a. Click Start, and then click Run.
b. In the Open box, type %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe, and then click OK.
c. Follow the wizard instructions to uninstall Internet Explorer 7.
I am now checking to see if there is anything special about SP3, as I am Vista only now
Posted 16 August 2008 - 02:09 AM
Have uninstalled IE7 although there are still some updates associated with this in 'add/remove programmes' - should I also remove these?
I can see no sign of IE6 in the 'add/remove programmes' although I have obviously been able to connet through something to send this message.
Bad news though - the debugging message nis still coming up associated with this site - sdoesn't appear to ber associated with other web pages.
Posted 16 August 2008 - 03:41 AM
Download IE8 from this site in the drop down box select your operating system
When it is installed on the toolbar (top right) will be an Emulate IE7 button select that and you will be asked to restart IE do that
If that button does not appear on your tool bar then there will be a tools drop down in the same place again select Emulate IE7
Let me know how that goes
Posted 16 August 2008 - 04:45 AM
Posted 16 August 2008 - 04:48 AM
Posted 16 August 2008 - 06:19 AM
Thank you very much for all the help and time you have given me in working through this - no way I could have done it!
Posted 16 August 2008 - 06:39 AM
Now the best part of the day ----- Your log now appears clean
Download and run this small programme and hit the cleanup button. It will remove all the programmes we have used plus itself
Now to get you off to a good start we will clean your restore points so that all the bad stuff is gone for good. Then if you need to restore at some stage you will be clean. There are several ways to reset your restore points, but this is my method:
- Select Start > All Programs > Accessories > System tools > System Restore.
- On the dialogue box that appears select Create a Restore Point
- Click NEXT
- Enter a name e.g. Clean
- Click CREATE
- Select Start > All Programs > Accessories > System tools > Disk Cleanup.
- In the Drop down box that appears select your main drive e.g. C
- Click OK
- The System will do some calculation and the display a dialogue box with TABS
- Select the More Options Tab.
- At the bottom will be a system restore box with a CLEANUP button click this
- Accept the Warning and select OK again, the program will close and you are done
Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free program:
- SpywareBlaster to help prevent spyware from installing in the first place.
- SuperAntispyware Run weekly to keep your system clean
To keep your operating system up to date visit
To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read our little guide How did I get infected in the first place ?
Posted 16 August 2008 - 03:23 PM
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users