Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Windows will not load

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a hp pavilion 750uk desktop home computer using windows xp.
Recently I had to replace the faulty motherboard.
The old motherboard was a fic vc35, the new one also a fic vc35.
After installing the new board and all the components I preceeded to boot up. The system went through the post sequence when completed a message appeared that windows was not shut down correctly on a previous occasion and gave four options "Start windows in safe mode" " Start windows in safe mode with command prompt" Start windows normally" Start windows using last known configuration that worked". I have tried all four commands but windows will not start.
A white broken band appears at the bottom of the screen and it begins to load the windows drivers then the band becomes a solid white band and the computer freezes.
I cannot try a fresh instal of windows as the computer was not supplied with a installation disc, it uses a partition on the hard drive called system recovery program, I have tried using this but with no sucess. I don't really want to format the hard drive as I don't want to lose the files that are on there.

"Can anybody help" :)

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You'll need to borrow an XP CD for the version of Windows on the machine. Without a CD and a Windows Repair there isn't really a lot you can do.