Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hp dv6120us missing operating system

• Please log in to reply

ladonnaortiz

ladonnaortiz

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi, my laptop suddenly went off and said windows didnt load properly. Trying to restart it it would give me the options of safe mode, safe mode with networking and so forth. None of these would work. Last time I restarted it, it came up and said missing operating system. My hp recovery disks dont work either. Any ideas? Will i have to purchase a new operating system. It was windows xp media center

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello ladonnaortiz and welcome to Geeks To Go

With some manufacturer laptops they will give you recovery disks / create a partition where you can boot off and do a repair from there. When you boot it up do you see anything along the lines of "press F1 - F12 to enter recovery or something like this? If you do then try that.

Regards

ladonnaortiz

ladonnaortiz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
The only thing it will let me do is go to the bios. I have checked that and everything is fine. I didnt recieve a disk when I bought the laptop. I was only prompted to make the recovery disk which I did but when I try to use them it fails.

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello ladonnaortiz

All is not lost :) please goto this link :)

Regards

ladonnaortiz

ladonnaortiz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
No problem, glad we could help :)