Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

spyware.iemonster [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

stew1664

stew1664

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi I am also having the same problems as all the others to do with spyware.iemonster. Ive just installed AV 8.0 and Im still getting the security warning messages. I have attached the info you need. I have also got trojans and others stuck in my vault, is my AVG able to delete it or do I need your help to delete everything? And lastly, as I aid I jut downloaded AVG 8.0 but my pc keeps telling mytht my virus protection is out of date but my AVG is telling me that all protection is green, do I have to go and buy the Antivirus 2009 that windows keeps telling me or is that just a sly sales pitch?Ionly hope you can help.
stew1664 :)

Attached Files

• Attached File  main.txt   31.22KB   82 downloads

Advertisements

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Hello, my name is fenzodahl512 and welcome to Geekstogo.. Please do the following...

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

NEXT

Please visit below webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix

http://www.bleepingc...to-use-combofix

This includes installing the Windows XP Recovery Console in case you have not installed it yet.

For more information on the Windows XP Recovery Console read http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058.

Once you install the Recovery Console, when you reboot your computer, you'll see the option for the Recovery Console now as well. DO NOT select Recovery Console as we don't need it. By default, your main OS is selected there. The screen stays for 2 seconds and then it proceeds to load Windows. That is normal.

Post the log from ComboFix (located in C:\combofix.txt) when you've accomplished that, along with a new HijackThis log.

Regards
fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.