WD1600JBRTL EIDE Hard Drive 160GB Caviar SE 8MG Cache 7200RPM (already own this)
Total so far = $1,045.91
I wish to use this system for mainly gaming but also want a decent desktop in general. This is slightly more than i wanted to spend at this point in the build but oh well.
Wanted to get feedback from as many people as possible about this so far. Are there any parts above that i could change to save some money and not lose too much performance? Does this appear to be compatible?
1. should i get a quad-core rather than a duo-core? from what i know quad-core would allow me to have even more applications running without losing performance?
2. will the hard drive i own listed above work? i don't store much stuff on my PC so 160GB is fine for me.
3. i need an operating system and will get Vista - pretty sure i should get 32 not 64 - thoughts on this and what version of 32? can you link to newegg?
4. will i appear to have cooling issues? will i need an extra fan?
5. i have no experience in overclocking but probably will try it.
6. will the PSU above be enough - others you recommend?
7. last and most important - what trouble can i expect when i do build a system? i know it aint as simple as sticking everything where it goes, inserting Vista and, bam, it works! lol or is it? do i have all i need above to complete the build? (have a mouse and keyboard i will recycle)
any thoughts are appreciated - thank you all for the help and help in past posts i am trying to learn!
*one more thing - due to financial concerns i will probably order parts over the period of a month - is there any certain part i should order first (motherboard, cpu, etc.) since new things always come out and prices change - for example - the monitor seems like a great buy but i worry about it being discontinued - things like that.
Edited by gator325, 31 July 2008 - 05:03 PM.