Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SystemDefender Pop-up

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

FelineFeral

FelineFeral

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I got a file that ended up turning my desktop background to white and unresponsive in attempts to access the properties. It brought constant messages saying that my computer was infected and I needed to install something to remove them. It also put a program (not full or useable) on the computer that did not show up in control panel. Not the best thing to do but I deleted it through program files.

Through running Avast!, Spyware Doctor and AdAware I managed to get my desktop back but my problem now is Internet Explorer keeps popping up with a page labeled SystemDefender Security Center wanting me to do something. When I click close it gives me a message saying that my computer will be susceptible to viruses.

How do I get rid of this pop-up?

TIA

Edited by FelineFeral, 01 August 2008 - 05:12 PM.

Advertisements

IndiGenus

IndiGenus

Anti-Malware Buddha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
Hi and welcome to the forums.

Please follow the instructions at the following link. If your problem persists then post a HijackThis log back to this link. Do not start a new topic. Let me know how you make out even if the problem is fixed. Instructions for running HJT is at the end of the link:

http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

FelineFeral

FelineFeral

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thank you, I ended up finding a reply in the forum that worked to get get rid of it.