Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error -c000021a 0x00000000

• Please log in to reply

anbu chezhian

anbu chezhian

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My system was working perfectly till one fine morning. Suddenly my system started to behave erratically. while trying to restart the system, it displays the following error message with blue screen

STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)
The Windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status 0x00000000 (0x00000000 0x000000000)
The system has been shut down

when i manually start the system, it takes very long time to load and before all taskbar items display, all the items in my desktop including all icons, shortcuts ,start menu button ,task bar and quick launch bar comes on and off for every 5 to 10 secs.
I could not open any drives, folders and files.
But I am able to open any softwares like CCleaner, tuneup utilities etc.

When trying to restart, the sysytem displays the above error message with blue screen after which i have to manually switch off and on the system

Please help me to solve this problem with out clean reinstall of XP

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This error is usually a hard drive issue, but you can do a Windows Repair on it which should get it back working.