Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sorry but i'm on my other laptop

• Please log in to reply

ourwilly

ourwilly

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 768 posts
Hello Master Of Cunnin.

I still have no access to the internet

When did you start having these connection issues, was anything updated or uninstalled from the system, I can see both AVG and OneCare, may I ask how long have these been installed on your system...? Also what message are you getting when you try to connect to the Internet, If this is a wireless issue then it may be best asking for help in This Section

still have the strange fonts

I'm also now wondering if the Font Folder needs repairing...

Please download and install TweakUI
Open TweakUI, Select Repair located in the bottom left pane,
In the right-pane, click on the Down arrow,
and choose "Repair Font Folder". Click "Repair Now", then "OK" to close the dialog box.

Let me know if any of this helps, If not I shall ask.

ourwilly

Edited by ourwilly, 10 August 2008 - 02:16 PM.

Advertisements

Master Of Cunning

Master Of Cunning

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
hi i started noticing that i had connection issues when i logged on so i downloaded Onecare on the laptop when i still had access to the internet, once i shutdown and restarted the comp i noticed that everything had changed and that all my connections had disappeared, when i try to create a new connection it only goes to the 3rd screen of the wizard then wont let me go any further... i cant see the the program i downloaded has done anything differently i've attached a screenshot so you can see what i mean about the taskbar thanks again

Attached Thumbnails

• scrngrb.JPG

Master Of Cunning

Master Of Cunning

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
hi our willy just to update i restarted the laptop and it now comes up with an error...

apdproxy.exe - unable to locate component

This application has failed to start because ConnAPI.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem

does that mean anything to you?

ourwilly

ourwilly

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 768 posts
Hello Master Of Cunnin.

This looks like you are in Windows Classic mode.

Right-Click on a blank area on the Desktop, then select Properties > Themes
Under Theme click on the Drop down arrow and select Windows XP
Select "Apply" and "ok" to these setting.

If you wish you can also remove the EN from the Taskbar...Right-Click on an blank area on the Taskbar, select Toolbars and uncheck Language bar.

apdproxy.exe belongs to Adobe Photoshop Album, please take a look at Solution 3: HERE
Let me know if this helps.

Onecare on the laptop when i still had access to the internet, once i shutdown and restarted the comp i noticed that everything had changed and that all my connections had disappeared

I asked about onecare and AVG thinking that this may be a confliction issue between anti-virus products. It appears from what you said that after installing Onecare it has somewhat changed your system and well may be the cause of your problem.