Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

really big problem [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

8cimi

8cimi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
also,you think its ok to try and install the game I was playing now?

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Once you are protected with the firewall in my previous post .. Then yes

8cimi

8cimi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
ok so i tried to do the disck clean, and it made the pc reboot,
(at reboot I got the same window saying windows came upon a problem which I could select to send the problem or not , I did, this came up twice, and after I closed that window a black Ie page came up)

I tried the dusk clean up again and i checked all the boxes, it was not moving so I cancelled,which then i realized I did the wrong thing, finally I opened the correct tab and hit the correct clean up button. oh and right before I did this i tried opening firefox and pc re-booted then i did the correct clean up. im now going to try and install all these other programs including the firewall.

ps the windows error messeges did not say what kind of error they were.

Edited by 8cimi, 04 August 2008 - 06:25 PM.

8cimi

8cimi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
ok so spywareblaster and superantispyware installed fully, but comodo did not, it wont. I click and it says its encountered a problem and needs to close.

8cimi

8cimi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
im not sure if this is a problem, but a while ago (way before any of this) my folders started to do something odd, everything was alphabetically backwards, what I mean by this is, at any given time in any folder when opened, the first file would be (for example) zorro and the last file (at the bottom/or end of the folder ) would be apple, I mean it did not pose a big problem, I would simply right click and hit arrange items by name, and they would reverse to the correct way.
I only mention this incase this might be a bigger problem

8cimi

8cimi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
everything seems to fine so far, but when I try to install something having to do with windows the pc re-boots (normal?)
about this site http://secunia.com/software_inspector/ It was saying something about having troubles with my java, I did not know what to do really, but I googled java update, installed whatever it was and the pc-rebooted, but then the site worked fine, (did i do something wrong?)
also all the important things seem to be updated.

so the only things I still see wrong is:

that the pc-reboots when doing certain things (and at re-boot I get a window saying windows encountered a problem, but wil not say what it is)

the comodo application will not install

and also I was going to press 'start' and an error having something to do with Dr. watson (?) came up, (sorry I dont remember what the error said it was, but it was only the one time)

8cimi

8cimi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
ok I somehow got the firewall up =/.

8cimi

8cimi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
All these programs, so many preferences and tabs. well I got the fire wall up like i said, and I d/l the game, but its not installing, anyway you might be able to help me with this?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
What is the game and do you have a link

8cimi

8cimi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
the link: is http://www.silkroadonline.net/

I installed the firewall like you said, I then tried to install silkroad and got a this messege

the client file is damaged please reinstall the client.

also the pc is still rebooting at random. Im finnaly getting a little frustrated. should I run highjackthis or combo fix? ive ran the avast and the 2 spyware programs and the pc seems clean.

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
I think the stage has been reached where you will need to do a repair of your windows files. You are now apparently clear of malware so it is either a RAM problem or some corrupted windows files. To do a repair you will need access to a windows cd

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK one further thought now this may or may not cure the file problems - Download and install XP SP3 from here http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en

8cimi

8cimi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 7:42:11 AM, on 8/10/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\Program Files\Saitek\SD6\Software\SaiMfd.exe
C:\Program Files\Saitek\SD6\Software\ProfilerU.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ezSP_Px.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall\cmdagent.exe
C:\Program Files\OpenDNS Updater\OpenDNS Updater.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InterVideo\RegMgr\iviRegMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor\WLService.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor\WUSB54GS.exe
C:\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall\CPF.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://google.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SaiMfd] C:\Program Files\Saitek\SD6\Software\SaiMfd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ProfilerU] C:\Program Files\Saitek\SD6\Software\ProfilerU.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.exe" -scheduler
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ezShieldProtector for Px] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ezSP_Px.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OpenDNS Update] "C:\Program Files\OpenDNS Updater\OpenDNS Updater.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [COMODO Firewall Pro] "C:\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall\CPF.exe" /background
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download All Files by HiDownload - C:\Program Files\StreamingStar\HiDownload\HDGetAll.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download by HiDownload - C:\Program Files\StreamingStar\HiDownload\HDGet.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {F4FBA929-A891-492C-A0F6-5C79CC4F1742} - (no file) (HKCU)
O16 - DPF: {1E54D648-B804-468d-BC78-4AFFED8E262E} (System Requirements Lab) - http://www.nvidia.co.../sysreqlab3.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{6DB1C4B0-D02D-42CE-8D8F-045DD03FDD02}: NameServer = 208.67.222.222,208.67.220.220
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: Comodo Application Agent (CmdAgent) - COMODO - C:\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall\cmdagent.exe
O23 - Service: IviRegMgr - InterVideo - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InterVideo\RegMgr\iviRegMgr.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SONYSH~1\AVLib\Sptisrv.exe
O23 - Service: TuneUp Drive Defrag Service (TuneUp.Defrag) - TuneUp Software GmbH - C:\WINDOWS\System32\TuneUpDefragService.exe
O23 - Service: WUSB54GSSVC - GEMTEKS - C:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor\WLService.exe

--
End of file - 6108 bytes

I apologize for taking so long, its been some very long days for me.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
No problem - what are your symptoms now ?

8cimi

8cimi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
well I cleaned up some of the dust bunnies and the pc seems to be running smoother then smooth vanilla gravy. I really owe it to you sir. I am extremely great full and thoroughly amazed.