Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Portforwarding

• Please log in to reply

fourkings

fourkings

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
How do i portforward my router to host games on warcraft 3 TFT, i looked on www.portforward.com and i could'nt find my router. When i log into my router 10.1.1.1 im confused from there. The wc3 TFT ports are 6112 - 6119. Help please?

Advertisements

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Do the instructions for a similar router not work? The web interface should be the same.

fourkings

fourkings

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
im kinda confused with the whole thing when because mine is 10.1.1.1 but on the website it is 192.168.1.1

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
That is okay. The 192 ip address is only an example. That website is using a router that has an IP of 192. Having a different IP doesn't matter.

fourkings

fourkings

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
but ditrackster when i go there there is a box with the 192 ip thingy then u gota type in your ip or something its confusing help?

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Are you experiencing any problems with your game? What do you expect to happen when you forward the ports?

fourkings

fourkings

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
I expect to host games after i forward the ports. Ive tried allowing the ports through my Ca Anti Virus and it still doesnt work. Oh and on my router page which is 10.1.1.1 the options on the left hand side i dont have some on the website like they have, my router isnt on the page but i can find similiar ones.

Mobious

Mobious

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hi fourkings!

I read the manual of a similar product which is a DG834Gv3. I noticed that the port forwarding configuration of the router is under section Firewall Rules. Kindly check if you have that section.

If so, you need to add inbound rules for the ports 6112-6119. You must add a new service for the mentioned ports. For the LAN Server IP Address, you must enter the IP Address of the computer hosting the game. Then just select the option ANY for the WAN Users. Lastly, apply the settings.

Here is the link of the manual that I read for your reference. I hope that it is similar with your router interface.

EDIT: ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/DG834Gv3_RM_20JAN06.pdf

Edited by Mobious, 04 August 2008 - 06:19 PM.

fourkings

fourkings

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Where do i add to open the ports 6112 - 6119 and Mobious what you said should allow me to host on wc3 tft?

fourkings

fourkings

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
yess i can host now ty ^.^thank you Mobious and the rest you oooooooown.

Mobious

Mobious

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
You're welcome. :)

Andymo5000

Andymo5000

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This didn't help me :(

I'm trying to start up my Minecraft server, but I need to port-forward to do that.

My router is Netgear DG834G v3 but I'm having trouble setting it up, all I need to do is Port forward.

:)