Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer blank

• Please log in to reply

sparves

sparves

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello

i have a desktop pc running win xp pro that currently is not working at all. I'm writing here in the forum with another pc.
well my problem is i don't know if it is a hardware or a virus malware problem. I had AVG installed and im quite shocked that if it was actually a virus related issue that i haven't been warned. When i turn on the pc this is the message i get "Disk Boot Failure insert system disk and press Enter".
So i took the xp installation cd and tried to use recovery console and then tried full installation of xp i got this same message "setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer.Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer and that any disk related hardware configuration is correct.This may involve running a manufacturer supplied diagnostic or setup program. Setup cannot continue to quit press F3".

So i have tried almost everything i tried even trying to install windows me but it said it cannot install because "This recovery cd is not for your computer
this program may not be used on your computer.Remove system recovery cd Hit any key to restart".
I didnt make any virus scan rescue disk or emergency disk i have tried searching but didnt find. The funny thing was the night before the computer was perfectly normal til i shut it down and then the following day when i turned on i saw this nightmare.

so i have win xp pro 128 mb ram 40 gb

thank you any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements