Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Losing key packets?

• Please log in to reply

PB stinks

PB stinks

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
Hey guys,I have a multiplayer problem with BF2 and it is very annoying,I go to join a server and about 30-40 seconds of gameplay it kicks me for losing key packets???Any fixes thanks :) .

Advertisements

-=blaster=-

-=blaster=-

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
Right click on My Computer > Manage > Services & Applications > Services > Now look for 2 services PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB.

Make sure they are not disabled and are started

Note: If one or both of those are missing then you can download this program:

http://www.evenbalan...pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

It will reinstall both services and fix the problem.

Maybe.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Yes that is a good suggestion. I've updated the initial post here: http://www.geekstogo...ons-t22569.html with some recent additions.

Sometimes, all it takes to clear up the issue is a simple reboot of your pc. However, if that doesn't resolve the issue, then we can look at some other issues.
Loosing key packets can be caused by interference from your firewall/antivirus. It can also be caused by poor network connectivity to your server.

To diagnose this, Open Start, Run, and type in cmd. Once the dos window opens, then you can enter the following:
tracert 127.0.0.1 (replace 127.0.0.1 with your servers ip address). Microsoft has an article detailing it here.

What your looking for is anything after the third line that has either a large spike in ping/time response or no response. You can always copy and past the results in your next post for us to look at.