Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

load drivers from commmand prompt

• Please log in to reply

helpwiththis

helpwiththis

• Pip
  • 3 posts
ok, i have a viurs on my comp that messed with all the links. i can't enter my main harddrive where the drivers are abcked up or bring up system resources cuz adminstrator says no. i need command so i could get the drivers through the command prompt? or a command to search my hrdrive for file driver names? I'm going to reinstall xp, but i need to know of the driver names or files(that would be even better)

i need somebody that knows teh many commands of command prompt, if i can't get this done , i aht to go back to the asian store and pay 50. this time create a registry save point and backup a clean a boot cd. [bleep], with vista coming out, the knowledge on command prompts is getting lessand less.

Edited by helpwiththis, 02 August 2008 - 09:53 AM.

Advertisements

helpwiththis

helpwiththis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
UPDATE - ok. i downlaoded some driver back up program

http://www.freedownl...9037_p/free.htm

i'm backign up from the usb. Is this a goood choice , can i get some feedback? i could reinstall xp and restore the drivers from the usb

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Why not format and download fresh drivers from the motherboard/computer manufacturer's internet site? It's simple. Your only worry is network adapter because if you don't have it you are left out of the internet. In many cases the driver will be loaded automatically when you install XP-SP2. If it doesn't, you can download the drivers on another computer, copy to a thumb memory or burn to a disk and install on your formatted computer.

If you suspect malware scan your backed up files with some antimalware programs to avoid infection of the new installation.

helpwiththis

helpwiththis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
my network adapter and wirelesss network adapter were taken out of the laptop and exchanged for antoehr company one.