Your logs look clean.
Just a few more things to do.Follow these steps to uninstall Combofix and tools used in the removal of malware
- Click START then RUN
- Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the U, it needs to be there.
Please download OTCleanIt
and save it to your Desktop.
- Double-click OTCleanIt.exe
- Click the CleanUp! button to begin removing tools used to clean your computer
- If you are prompted to Reboot during the cleanup, please select Yes
Please remove any leftover tools used to clean your computer.
The following is a list of tools and utilities that I like to suggest to people. This list is full of great tools and utilities to help you understand how you got infected and how to keep from getting infected again.
: Is realtime protection from spyware.
: Helps protect against any bad ActiveX from installing on your computer.
: Use this program to remove any spyware that may have gotten on your computer.
: This is a great alternate browser over Internet Explorer. Firefox is much more secure then Internet Explorer and also has a bulilt in pop up blocker.
5. ATF Cleaner
: This program cleans out your temporary files. This is a great tool that can help speed your computer up.
- These are Malware free Instant Messenger programs which allow you to connect to multiple IM services in one program! (AOL, Yahoo, ICQ, IRC, MSN)
7. Windows Updates - It is very important
to make sure that both Internet Explorer and Windows are kept current with the latest critical security patches
from Microsoft. To do this just start Internet Explorer
and select Tools
> Windows Update
, and follow the online instructions from there.
To find out more information about how you got infected in the first place and some great guidelines to follow to prevent future infections you can read this
article by Tony Klein