Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hard Drive Boot up problem

• Please log in to reply

Midnightx

Midnightx

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
today i turned on my computer and it worked fine, until i noticed my F:/ drive was missing, i have 2 harddrives, C and F. and my F wasnt showing in "My Computer" so i restarted my computer and i see it, but then my computer freezes later so i restart again and i see what i normally see, boot up splash screen and stuff....then i get a black screen right after that says "Primary slave Hard Disk Error press F1 to resume"...i press F1 and i get
"Reboot and Select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key."
i've checked my system bios setup and i see the Primary IDE Master is "Not Detected". but the slave is...i go to Boot Device Priority and tried to pick the harddrives but i don't see their names on the list..seems like they dissapeared or something. they're set as booting to my floppy and dvd rom drives.....any help would be great thank you

Advertisements