Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spools.exe, possible Kassbot-C Worm? [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

dippycheese

dippycheese

• Pip
  • 6 posts
In the past few days, i haven't been able to run anything but internet explorer, and whenever i run anything else, it just looks like its loading, then the little timer next to the mouse goes away and all that happens is in taskmanager another spools.exe pops up. i've tried downloading then running things off the internet such as adware/malware removals, but once i got to the "run" or "close" box and i hit run the little timer came up, went away, and spools came back. Suggestions?

thanks,
Dippycheese

Advertisements

Ltangelic

Ltangelic

Angel Annihilator of Malware

• Retired Staff
  • 2,008 posts
Hey dippycheese,

Welcome to GeekstoGo! I'm Ltangelic and I'll be helping you fix your computer problem.

Take note that I'm still in training, and my posts will have to be checked by an expert. This may cause delays in between my responses, I ask for your patience. Please stick with me until we get your computer cleaned up or it will be a wasted effort on both sides. :)

Meanwhile, please go here and follow the instructions there and post the required logs. Thanks. :)

PS. If I've not been responding, and you wonder why, feel free to PM me and I'll give an explanation.

LT

Edited by Ltangelic, 02 August 2008 - 10:27 PM.

dippycheese

dippycheese

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ok, i followed the instructions on to download the certain things, but when i did, for some reason, when i hit run, the loading timer came up to my mouse, waited there for a second, then left, following a spools.exe popping up into my tskmngr. I have also tried this in safe mode. What am i doing wrong.....?

Ltangelic

Ltangelic

• Retired Staff
  • 2,008 posts
Try downloading it from a clean computer, and transfer the setup files using a USB drive. Please do not connect your computer to the internet if possible.

dippycheese

dippycheese

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
alright i did that, but then when it went to load, the stupid computer rejected it again (am on a clean comp as of now) is there possibly a place where this is all being backed up to?

Ltangelic

Ltangelic

• Retired Staff
  • 2,008 posts
Hey dippycheese,

Sorry for the delay. Please rename HijackThis.exe to fluffy.exe and run it and post me a log. Thanks. :)

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.