Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cannot find web server

• Please log in to reply

bleong

bleong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
That's because I made a mistake its www.eb-5inve.startlogic.com

the web address in eb-5investors.com
the server is startlogic.com

I cannot update any program or publish to the internet!

me

Advertisements

bleong

bleong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Sorry my mistake I forgot the whole name.

Start logic has done everything correctly, so they say they have a big support staff in the the Phillipines, Canada and US 8007258064.

me

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
I suppose this isn't your first time publishing judging from what I've seen in your web site.

Maybe you are using an incorrect username and password? And then make sure the domain you are using is eb-5investors.com

edit: so it's okay now? FYI, we aren't affiliated with start logic :)

Edited by ditrackster, 04 August 2008 - 06:09 AM.

bleong

bleong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Actually what is on the web ste is a cover for what is not available for the public to see, I have thousands of files there.

You can see them the user name is: "" and the password is: "" i use front page to publish and teh site crashed last month and I have been rebuilding the site so I and startlogic have spent many humdrds of hours rebuilding the site. The names are correct. besides which I cannot update any program, as my computer does not see a server and cannot download any program updates.

me

Edited by bleong, 04 August 2008 - 06:23 AM.

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
please do not give me your password and username. edit your post please!

Edited by ditrackster, 04 August 2008 - 06:28 AM.

Mobious

Mobious

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

The names are correct. besides which I cannot update any program, as my computer does not see a server and cannot download any program updates.

Can you tell me exactly by what you mean by "update any program"? Are referring to a specific software download? Or are you trying to download a file from your website?

bleong

bleong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
No I do not need to down load anything from my web site.

I cannot update anything from:

Microosoft, ant anti spy ware programs, avg, carbonite, it says cannot connect to server of that name. Sometimes it says failed to initialize such as superspyware;

Carbonite User Interface is trying to connect to the Internet or your local network

ZoneAlarm is asking you whether to allow the connection. No breach in your security has occurred. Your computer is safe.
What should I do?

The following steps comprise a cautious strategy for responding to New or Repeat Program alerts.

If you do not know what Carbonite User Interface is, or why it is trying to connect, deny it permission. You can always grant permission later if you need to.
After you deny permission, determine whether Carbonite User Interface still performs the functions you need it to. If it does, no further action is required. If it doesn't, use the Programs tab to grant access permission.
Report Malware

Reporting and submitting suspected malware samples helps Zone Labs, Inc. increase the security and protection of all Internet users.

You can submit a malware sample file to the Zone Labs Security Team for analysis. Send the malicious file in a password protected zip archive to [email protected]. Set the zip archive password to: infected

The Security Team will respond to your submission as is appropriate and may contact you for more information or to provide details back to you about the files you submit.

Note: Do not send malicious files to others. Do not submit a malware sample file to the Security Team if you can not do so safely. Sending malicious files unsafely increases the risk of infection or damage your system.

Why?

SmartDefense Advisor is not able to provide specific information about this program. Therefore, it is safest to adopt a cautious strategy.

For more information about Program alerts and permissions, see the Details tab.

in trying to update mozila it says "there were pbs checking for updates, or instlling thgsi update. firefox cold not be updated because: AUS: update XML file malformed (200). You can update firefox manually bu visiting ...

all program requiring updates cannot be updated.

me

Mobious

Mobious

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Thanks for the clarification.

So the issue here is that you are able to surf the internet (eg. Geeks to Go!) but you are unable to update software installed on your computer.

I see that you have a firewall software running on your computer such as ZoneAlarm. To isolate the cause further, I would like you to disable all firewall software on your computer. If Microsoft Firewall is enabled, you also need to disable it.