Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ipod, mp3 and pc questions

• Please log in to reply

jst42day

jst42day

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
Hi, all.
My wife has an iPod Nano.
I want to get an MP3 player such as the Creative Zen.
We have a px with XP Pro w/SP3.
What would be the best media program that can run on a pc that would be able to handle the iPod and an MP3 player?
What would be the best format for our music that would work on both.
And what is missing from WMP11 that makes it impossible for me to view some videos from sites on the web?
I can view youtube but not, as an example, the videos from George's reviews, which are downloaded to WMP11.
Thanks for any help.
jst42day

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

What would be the best media program that can run on a pc that would be able to handle the iPod and an MP3 player?

This is a preference. Being able to "handle" two mp3 players should not be an issue whatsoever.

And what is missing from WMP11 that makes it impossible for me to view some videos from sites on the web?

Most likely codecs. Try VLC media player. It lacks media library functions that WM11 has but contains every codec imaginable.

jst42day

jst42day

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
Titan,
Thanks for your help.
jst42day

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts