Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How Do I Remove Backdoor.Trojan? [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

wicked_princess

wicked_princess

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I have been using my friends laptop for the past couple of weeks. He has Windows Vista.

For the past week, Norton Antivirus has been showing a Backdoor.Trojan and fails to remove it everytime. Spybot search and destroy does not register this. Norton says it is a high risk. I have no idea how to remove this, but since it is high risk, I need to get rid of it ASAP. :)

Also, the internet is refusing to navigate off of the main page. This started earlier today. Last week, it was extremely slow so I downloaded a registry cleaner and that fixed the problem of internet speed. I've tried running this again and defragging the registry, but the internet still will not navigate off of the main page. Also I get a pop-up when I try to get off of the main page, which Norton blocks so it pops up as "internet explorer cannot display this page." And I get a pop up in the corner saying that Norton blocked a recent attack on my computer. I have no clue as to what this problem even is, as my antivirus only says I have the Trojan and it's been on the laptop for a week but the internet only started screwing up today. :)

Please help me with these two problems. I'd like to get these taken care of before I leave my friend's house, which is in like a week. Thanks in advance for the help.

Edited by wicked_princess, 02 August 2008 - 09:58 PM.

Advertisements

Ltangelic

Ltangelic

Angel Annihilator of Malware

• Retired Staff
  • 2,008 posts
Hey wicked_princess,

Welcome to GeekstoGo! I'm Ltangelic and I'll be helping you fix your computer problem.

Take note that I'm still in training, and my posts will have to be checked by an expert. This may cause delays in between my responses, I ask for your patience. Please stick with me until we get your computer cleaned up or it will be a wasted effort on both sides. :)

Meanwhile, please go here and follow the instructions there and post the required logs. Thanks. :)

PS. If I've not been responding, and you wonder why, feel free to PM me and I'll give an explanation.

LT

wicked_princess

wicked_princess

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I cannot download any of those programs onto the laptop because of the internet being screwed up and not leaving the home page. I am on another computer to be on this site. So what do you want me to do to help you help me? By the way, thanks for responding so quickly.

Ltangelic

Ltangelic

• Retired Staff
  • 2,008 posts
No problem, if you cannot download the tools from the infected laptop, download it using an uninfected one and transfer the setup files for these tools using USB drive or any removable disk. :)

wicked_princess

wicked_princess

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Just so you know, this could take an extremely long time, because his other computer, the one I am on, is very old and very very slow and it's dial up. Also, he's been having problems downloading on this computer. But I will go ahead and try it. Again, if it takes a long time, I'm sorry.

Ltangelic

Ltangelic

• Retired Staff
  • 2,008 posts
No problem, I'll wait for you as long as you don't leave me. :)

wicked_princess

wicked_princess

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.24
Database version: 1018
Windows 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1

1:34:04 AM 8/3/2008
mbam-log-8-3-2008 (01-34-04).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 36959
Time elapsed: 6 minute(s), 0 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 1
Memory Modules Infected: 2
Registry Keys Infected: 11
Registry Values Infected: 7
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 5

Memory Processes Infected:
C:\Windows\System32\msupdte.exe (Backdoor.Bot) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\Users\nomad\AppData\Local\Temp\swhofrmf.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Users\nomad\AppData\Local\Temp\jkkJaaxy.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{e4e3e0f8-cd30-4380-8ce9-b96904bdefca} (Adware.PopCap) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{fe8a736f-4124-4d9c-b4b1-3b12381efabe} (Adware.PopCap) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{c9c5deaf-0a1f-4660-8279-9edfad6fefe1} (Adware.PopCap) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ModuleUsage\c:/windows/downloaded program files/popcaploader.dll (Adware.PopCap) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{df780f87-ff2b-4df8-92d0-73db16a1543a} (Adware.PopCap) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Code Store Database\Distribution Units\{df780f87-ff2b-4df8-92d0-73db16a1543a} (Adware.PopCap) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\popcaploader.popcaploaderctrl2 (Adware.PopCap) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\popcaploader.popcaploaderctrl2.1 (Adware.PopCap) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{f7b0f7b2-1b10-4240-b00b-354f3c04e3f5} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Juan (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\contim (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\bm8b09bc99 (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\msserver (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\popcaploader.dll (Adware.PopCap) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks\{f7b0f7b2-1b10-4240-b00b-354f3c04e3f5} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Microsoft WinUpdate (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\MSServer (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\cmds (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Folders Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Files Infected:
C:\Users\nomad\AppData\Local\Temp\swhofrmf.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Users\nomad\AppData\Local\Temp\jkkJaaxy.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\popcaploader.dll (Adware.PopCap) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Windows\System32\msupdte.exe (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\nomad\AppData\Local\Temp\wvUkIBQk.dll (Malware.Trace) -> Delete on reboot.

*****THIS FIXED THE INTERNET ON THE LAPTOP******* STILL HAVE THE TROJAN, THOUGH

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 1:48:34 AM, on 8/3/2008
Platform: Windows Vista SP1 (WinNT 6.00.1905)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6001.18000)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAAnotif.exe
C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Launch Manager\QtZgAcer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Acer Arcade Deluxe\Play Movie\PMVService.exe
C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eAudio\eAudio.exe
C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eDataSecurity\eDSLoader.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxext.exe
D:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM\AIM Pro\aimpro.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
D:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
D:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\fdm.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe
D:\dld\Sheena N Eddie\Clean My PC REGISTRY CLEANER 4.01(NEW-with serial key)\Registry Cleaner\RCHelper.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\ENET\ENMTRAY.EXE
C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\EPOWER\EPOWER_DMC.EXE
C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\ACER.EMPOWERING.FRAMEWORK.SUPERVISOR.EXE
C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eRecovery\ERAGENT.EXE
C:\Users\nomad\AppData\Local\Temp\RtkBtMnt.exe
C:\Windows\System32\mobsync.exe
D:\dld\Sheena N Eddie\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.c.../search/ie.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.c...//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://en.us.acer.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://en.us.acer.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://us.rd.yahoo.c...//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - D:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: NCO 2.0 IE BHO - {602ADB0E-4AFF-4217-8AA1-95DAC4DFA408} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\2.0\coIEPlg.dll
O2 - BHO: Symantec Intrusion Prevention - {6D53EC84-6AAE-4787-AEEE-F4628F01010C} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\IDS\IPSBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: FDMIECookiesBHO Class - {CC59E0F9-7E43-44FA-9FAA-8377850BF205} - D:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\iefdm2.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Acer eDataSecurity Management - {5CBE3B7C-1E47-477e-A7DD-396DB0476E29} - C:\Windows\system32\eDStoolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Show Norton Toolbar - {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\2.0\CoIEPlg.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IAAnotif] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Iaanotif.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LManager] C:\PROGRA~1\LAUNCH~1\QtZgAcer.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PlayMovie] "C:\Program Files\Acer Arcade Deluxe\Play Movie\PMVService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eAudio] "C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eAudio\eAudio.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eDataSecurity Loader] C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eDataSecurity\eDSloader.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PLFSet] rundll32.exe C:\Windows\PLFSet.dll,PLFDefSetting
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acer Product Registration] "C:\Program Files\Acer Registration\ACE1.exe" /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acer Assist Launcher] C:\Program Files\Acer Assist\launcher.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acer Tour Reminder] C:\Acer\AcerTour\Reminder.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Skytel] Skytel.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "D:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AIMPro] "C:\Program Files\AIM\AIM Pro\aimpro.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (reboot)] "D:\dld\Sheena N Eddie\Step2\mbam.exe" /runcleanupscript
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] D:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Tracks Eraser Pro] D:\Program Files\Acesoft\Tracks Eraser Pro\te.exe min
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Free Download Manager] "D:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\fdm.exe" -autorun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ehTray.exe] C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Registry Cleaner Scheduler] "D:\dld\Sheena N Eddie\Clean My PC REGISTRY CLEANER 4.01(NEW-with serial key)\Registry Cleaner\RCHelper.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BM8b09bc99] Rundll32.exe "C:\Users\nomad\AppData\Local\Temp\swhofrmf.dll",s
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSServer] rundll32.exe C:\Users\nomad\AppData\Local\Temp\jkkJaaxy.dll,#1
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [cmds] rundll32.exe C:\Users\nomad\AppData\Local\Temp\wvUkIBQk.dll,c
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [Acer Tour Reminder] C:\Acer\AcerTour\Reminder.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [Acer Tour Reminder] C:\Acer\AcerTour\Reminder.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: Xfire.lnk = D:\Program Files\Xfire\Xfire.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Empowering Technology Launcher.lnk = C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eAPLauncher.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download all with Free Download Manager - file://D:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\dlall.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download selected with Free Download Manager - file://D:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\dlselected.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download video with Free Download Manager - file://D:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\dlfvideo.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with Free Download Manager - file://D:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\dllink.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - D:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search && Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - D:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O23 - Service: Agere Modem Call Progress Audio (AgereModemAudio) - Agere Systems - C:\Windows\system32\agrsmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\AluSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VAScanner\comHost.exe
O23 - Service: eDataSecurity Service - HiTRSUT - C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eDataSecurity\eDSService.exe
O23 - Service: eLock Service (eLockService) - Acer Inc. - C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eLock\Service\eLockServ.exe
O23 - Service: eNet Service - Acer Inc. - C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eNet\eNet Service.exe
O23 - Service: eRecovery Service (eRecoveryService) - Acer Inc. - C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eRecovery\eRecoveryService.exe
O23 - Service: eSettings Service (eSettingsService) - Unknown owner - C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eSettings\Service\capuserv.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® Matrix Storage Event Monitor (IAANTMON) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Iaantmon.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LuComServer_3_4.EXE
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: MobilityService - Unknown owner - C:\Acer\Mobility Center\MobilityService.exe
O23 - Service: Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS) (RichVideo) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
O23 - Service: SBSD Security Center Service (SBSDWSCService) - Safer Networking Ltd. - D:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDWinSec.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ePower Service (WMIService) - acer - C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\ePower\ePowerSvc.exe

--
End of file - 11233 bytes

Ltangelic

Ltangelic

• Retired Staff
  • 2,008 posts
Hey wicked_princess,

From your log, you seem to be using multiple anti-spyware resident running on your computer. This is not recommended as multiple protection of the same kind can cause conflicts and reduce the efficiency of the softwares. Please disable one of the following:

Windows Defender
Spybot Search and Destroy

Looks like Malwarebytes took out a few infections from there, let's run other tools to remove the rest. :)

Please follow my instructions in the order they were given, and print out a copy of it as you may not have access to the forums during the fix.

1) Run VundoFix

Please download VundoFix.exe to your desktop
  • Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
  • Click the Scan for Vundo button.
  • Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
  • You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
  • Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
  • When completed, it will prompt that it will reboot your computer, click OK.
  • Please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt and a new HiJackThis log in a reply to this thread.
Note: It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove. In this case, VundoFix will run on reboot, simply follow the above instructions starting from "Click the Scan for Vundo button" when VundoFix appears upon rebooting.

2) Run Deckard's System Scanner

Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save it to your Desktop.
  • Close all other windows before proceeding.
  • Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.
  • When it has finished, dss will open two Notepads main.txt and extra.txt -- please copy (CTRL+A and then CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.

Next reply (please include):

VundoFix.txt
DSS scan logs

wicked_princess

wicked_princess

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
The trojan is gone now. It disappeared on its own.

Ltangelic

Ltangelic

• Retired Staff
  • 2,008 posts
Can you post me the logs?

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.