Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Not Posting

• Please log in to reply

bill u

bill u

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Like I've stated before, my computer is not new and this problem occurred only after I've tried to add a SATA DVD drive. I've since removed the drive and tried all of the suggestions mentioned and I'm still not getting a startup beep and nothing appears on my screen.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Do you have any other parts that you could swap out for testing purposes?

For example, if you can get your hands on another PSU, then that could either rule your current one out, or pinpoint it as the culprit.

I'm going to hazard a guess and say it's either the PSU or motherboard... It's just a bit confusing because it started when you tried to add a new DVD drive, although it's possibly not related... :)

Troy

bill u

bill u

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I find it strange as well. I unfortunately don't have any extra parts to experiment with. Although, I think it's either the motherboard or the CPU...I'm not sure if the CPU is running or not. I also think it's a piece of the motherboard, since some of the components boot up...I know that my ethernet card works at least because I checked my router and it's recognized as running on my DHCP charts.