Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

always "on AC power"

• Please log in to reply

e_p_a_k

e_p_a_k

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
hi guys, i've recently installed windows XP on my laptop, and when it asked what my computer type was, I said "standard computer". now that it's up and running, i don't have a battery indicator; I just get a plugged in icon and it always just says "on AC power". any help? do i need it to reinstall windows?:)

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
Go to start/control panel and open up "power schemes".
Look under the drop down box for what you need. Also check the advanced tab for items

e_p_a_k

e_p_a_k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
i have the icon switched to always show. the icon shows, it just shows that i'm always on AC power. i checked my hardware, there are no battery drivers installed

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
I see you have Vista, so I will assume it is pretty much the same as XP.
What is the power scheme dropdown box set for?

e_p_a_k

e_p_a_k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
actually that info is for my first laptop. right now i'm referring to my secondary laptop, an acer aspire one with windows XP. it doesn't even recognize that i have a battery. there's no battery tab under power management, and my hardware devices don't recognize a battery.