Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with New HP Deskjet D2560 (D2500 Series)

• Please log in to reply

Peter18510

Peter18510

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I purchased a new HP Deskjet D2560 printer (D2500 Series) last week.

I loaded the software/driver from the supplied disk and found that when I tried to use Microsoft Works 8.5 Word that I got the message " Microsoft Works font cache has encountered a problem and needs to close". Works cannot access one or more files it needs to run the word processor. The files may have been renamed, deleted or removed. Try reinstalling works and then starting the program again".

I then removed the new Software/Driver and Works 8.5 operated again.

I have uploaded the latest pattches etc from Microsoft but despite re-loading the software/driver again in still prevents Works 8.5 from operating.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in anticipation.

Peter

Advertisements

authement

authement

• Pip
  • 6 posts
SYMPTOMS
When you try to open an existing document or try to open a new document in the Microsoft Works word processor program or the Works spreadsheet program, Works quits unexpectedly. Additionally, you may receive one of the following error messages:
Microsoft Works Font Cache has encountered a problem and needs to close.
Works cannot access one or more required files. The files may have been renamed, deleted or moved. Try re-installing Works, and then start the program again.
Note The Microsoft Works Task Launcher may start the way that it typically does.

CAUSE
This issue may occur when one of the following conditions is true:• The Adobe Distiller printer driver is the active printer driver.
• An active printer driver is corrupted.

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, use one or both of the following methods.

Note Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.

Method 1: Remove the Adobe Distiller printer driver
To remove the Adobe Distiller printer driver, follow these steps:1. Click Start, and then click Printers and Faxes.
2. Right-click the Adobe Distiller printer driver, and then click Delete.
3. Click Yes to confirm that you want to delete the Adobe Distiller printer driver.

:)

Method 2: Remove and then reinstall your printer driver
To remove and reinstall your printer driver, follow these steps:1. Click Start, and then click Printers and Faxes.
2. Right-click your printer driver, and then click Delete.
3. Click Yes to confirm that you want to delete the printer name printer driver.
4. After your printer driver is removed, click Add a printer to reinstall your printer driver.
For more information about how to install a printer driver, click Start, and then click Help and Support. In the Search text box, type install a printer driver, and then click Start searching.