When you try to open an existing document or try to open a new document in the Microsoft Works word processor program or the Works spreadsheet program, Works quits unexpectedly. Additionally, you may receive one of the following error messages:
Microsoft Works Font Cache has encountered a problem and needs to close.
Works cannot access one or more required files. The files may have been renamed, deleted or moved. Try re-installing Works, and then start the program again.
Note The Microsoft Works Task Launcher may start the way that it typically does.
This issue may occur when one of the following conditions is true:• The Adobe Distiller printer driver is the active printer driver.
• An active printer driver is corrupted.
To resolve this issue, use one or both of the following methods.
Note Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
Method 1: Remove the Adobe Distiller printer driver
To remove the Adobe Distiller printer driver, follow these steps:1. Click Start, and then click Printers and Faxes.
2. Right-click the Adobe Distiller printer driver, and then click Delete.
3. Click Yes to confirm that you want to delete the Adobe Distiller printer driver.
Method 2: Remove and then reinstall your printer driver
To remove and reinstall your printer driver, follow these steps:1. Click Start, and then click Printers and Faxes.
2. Right-click your printer driver, and then click Delete.
3. Click Yes to confirm that you want to delete the printer name printer driver.
4. After your printer driver is removed, click Add a printer to reinstall your printer driver.
For more information about how to install a printer driver, click Start, and then click Help and Support. In the Search text box, type install a printer driver, and then click Start searching.