Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CAN'T HAVE ADMINISTRATOR PRIVILEGES

• Please log in to reply

toyma

toyma

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
Hello everyone,

Due to major virus (probably Bagle, still working with someone on the forum with my DESKTOP about it), I decided to reformat my LAPTOP.

Everything seems Ok now, and I was even able to re-install my Norton 360, and was going to run Spybot, and it keeps telling me I don't have the Administrator's privileges. I checked similar posts on the forum, and followed the procedure for using "cmd", but after I type the command: net user administrator /active:yes command, it tells me that the user name is not found.

It's been a long couple of days and I still have to install all my sw. Can anyone help??

Thanks so much!!!!!! :)

Advertisements

toyma

toyma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Sorry, I forgot to mention I am working on a Compaq Presario V3000 laptop, with Windows Vista.

Thanks!!