Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows xp repair trouble

• Please log in to reply

summitshadow

summitshadow

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have been reading through geeks to go for the last 24 hours, and have found a lot of useful info, but here is my problem. My wife was doing a web search for jobs and got some kind of virus. We ran the virus software (trend micro which I am not liking right now)but it did not remove the virus. We turn off the comp and left town for a couple days and when we came back the comp came up Blue Screen. I have tried to do XP restore for the CD and all the scans I could find others talking about in the forums, but now I can not get it to load anything and fear I am in a terrible pickle. When I am in Win Recovery I click on install, then F8, but I do not get the same screen, my screen shows up with partitioned unpartitioned space screen. I have: 1 unp 31MB, 1 C: part NTFS 38107 MB, and 1 unp 8 MB. What do I do know?? If I let the comp boot normal I get a black screen showing the boot is invaled. Someone please help.

Thanks a bunch.

Update I did a bootrebuild and have now got back to a black screen that shows following file is missing or corrupt windows\system32\config\system

Edited by summitshadow, 03 August 2008 - 03:55 PM.

Advertisements