Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sound and video editing

• Please log in to reply

lamuskrat

lamuskrat

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Pastor in WI wants to run his sound and mixer board into this so that he can save to disk the services and then later edit them and burn master disc. Would this meet his needs? I suggested to him a laptop so he can do the editing at home and not be tied to a desktop at the church. He also wants to be able to do power point presentations. I talked him out of the projector and suggested a lcd or plasma wide screen and send video direct to it instead of having to buy and install an projector.

http://www.hsn.com/c...mp;o=EAF4480577

What say ye?

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi there

I'll start with the projector/plasma screen first:
Depending on the size of the church obviously, plus the number of people who attend services etc, and the distance they sit from the front, I wouldn't have thought a plasma screen would be big enough. Given the cost of powerpoint projectors (they start at around £300 GBP so adjust this accordingly for USD!), I would have thought that would be the cheaper option. It would also allow you to adjust the projection size as necessary and they have the advantage of being portable.

You mentioned there was a desktop pc in the church. If this PC is already setup close to where the pastor would be stood while giving the service, then you should be able to use this with the projector. If the PC is not located there (or if he wants to buy a computer for use at home anyway) then he may need to buy a laptop. If he does buy a laptop, I personally wouldn't recommend a Gateway (but that's more of a personal preference).

As far as recording the services, I'm not clear about whether he wants to record just the audio or whether it's video & audio. If it's just audio, then I would suggest maybe a digital voice recorder. These are relatively cheap (around $100 or less), can record many hours of audio & connect straight to a PC for downloading/editting via USB.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Something else you might want to invest in is an external USB hard drive, you can save the files to it and edit them wherever you want.

lamuskrat

lamuskrat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Thank you for the advice!!

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
You're very welcome, hope it was of some use to you :)