Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Chkdsk utility Vista basic won't run

• Please log in to reply

boppies

boppies

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I have Windows Vista basic - I can't get chkdsk utility to run. I have tried right clicking on the C drive and going through properties - it tells me that I will have to do this at reboot, but when I reboot, nothing happens - it just boots up normally. So I have tried opening up the command prompt and running chkdsk but nothing happens with that either.

I think there is something corrupted but I don't know what or how to fix it - can you help?

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Sorry, typed a answer in the wrong thread.

SRX660

Edited by SRX660, 04 August 2008 - 10:14 AM.

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Do you have a valid copy of Windows Vista?
Actually, when you are starting the machine press F2 (several times) to enter set up.
If F2 does not work try delete.
In set up look for a hard disc diagnostic utility (this would be under tools, or utilitys.)
If there is one in the set up utility (bios) run that one.